Hey you all, we have a podcast this week. Things…… Stuff…… Excitement.
Anyway, I couldn’t think of anything to say, but we covered a lot of stuff and I am tired, so here it is.
In the news this week:
- Living Dead I Dolls suffer a mass exodus of members.
- BiSH perform at the 2017 VMAJ.
- EMPiRE finally reveal their faces.
- Bonnou Paradox lose 2 members.
- Kuromiya Rei from LADYBABY is going on hiatus.
- NECRONOMIDOL suffer a slight hitch, also announce a brand new single.
- BiS make a bunch of announcements at their BAD SOCiAL TOUR FiNAL.
- PassCode’s “bite the bullet” features as the theme song for a television drama.
- Kaqriyo Terror Architect release their first single, immediately announce their second.
- SPARK SPEAKER announce details of their first album.
- Does It Escape Again team up with Uijin for a split release.
- Uijin also announce details of their upcoming double single release.
- EMPiRE preview new song “EMPiRE is COMiNG”.
- Watanabe Junnosuke and Pour Lui release a duet.
We also share our thoughts on MVs from Candye♡Syrup, NECRONOMIDOL, Zenbu Kimi no Sei da, Does It Escape Again X Uijin, SAiNT SEX and Kaqriyo Terror Architect.
We are also available on Stitcher, Pocket Cast, Google Play Music and iTunes.
Multiple audio formats available of all our podcasts at archive.org.
Well, I almost missed this whole show, with all the not paying attention I do. I sure am glad it popped up on Twitter an hour before hand. This is not one I wanted to miss. Especially with all the Watanabe hi-jinks lately. I just knew something was going to happen, I mean it had to, right?
Well, they faked us out a couple of time with announcements about merchandise and tours. Standard for codomomental. Then yesterday yet another announcement.
But that wasn’t all….
A lot of you may not be aware of this but before I got into idols I was very much into history (I still am). I was very passionate about research and finding the little stories behind the stories. I have now started to apply the skills I have acquired to my interest in idol music. I guess what we have here is more of an almost story. The “almost” members of NECRONOMIDOL.
So I am sure you have heard of super groups, and even idol super groups. How about a sort of WACK super group. It seems like Watanabe has decided to create some sort of monster. Lets have a look at it.
Yesterday, the newest codomomental act, 幽世テロルArchitect, announced that they would be releasing a single. I was holding off until I had some details to give on it. Isn’t that what we all want? Details? Here is their announcement tweet.
Lets see what other details we have abut this release.
Earlier, Garry brought this tweet to my attention.
We all love announcements. Of course, when it comes to codomomental, there is always wild speculation as to what it will be. You never really know.
You’ll Melt More is very sneaky when it comes to putting out videos. I really think they are trying to see how long it takes for folks to notice when they put out a new one. Lets have a look at what they are giving us this time, I bet it is pretty good. Plus some information on their upcoming release as well.
Oh, I love NECRONOMIDOL, I really do. They are probably my favorite idol group out there hands down. When I saw the 24 hour event they streamed I kept thinking that during the “Shironuri Hyakki Yakou” that there were a suspicious number of camera operators running around. Well now I know why.
I remember when Candye♡Syrup let this one slip a while ago. It was a pretty sweet jam. Just the right mix of a hammering beat, driving guitars, clean and harsh vocals. Now we know who was doing the second harsh vocal part, it was m!sa (ALL IN VAIN, ex.「Story of Hope」).
It is just a snappy little tune, I really dig it.
Candye♡Syrup – 「IDOL OF DEATH」 feat. m!sa
Official Website: http://www.idol-candyesyrup.com/